Saturday, June 27, 2009

Tired Puppy

The alarm was set to go off at 5:30 a.m. but not a sound was heard because I stared at the clock most of the night and I reached over and turned it off at 5:17 a.m. I didn't want to waken my husband of almost thirty-seven years come July 1st, our anniversary. Yea! My homeland's birthday.Oh, Canada!
After my usual oatmeal cereal breakfast, I packed up my gear-books, water, table,chair and money change bag. I drove down to the Farmer's Market to make my claim on a tiny spot of land under a palm tree. Everyone else has a covered shelter from the searing sun's rays, but not me. I'm beholding to the natural growth so familiar in Florida. The fronds sway back and forth in the once-in-awhile refreshing breeze. I try not to get poked in the eye.
I've found that I like to talk to total strangers about my books and especially my grandmother. So many seem to relate to her story in some way or another.The response has been gratifying and away beyond my expectations. Thank you Lord!
After five hours, and seven books sold, my body is telling me it's time to call it a day. As I say good-bye to my neighboring vendor(Chai tea is her specialty),she reminds me that the big crowd comes next Saturday-Fourth of July! Hey, I may be a Canadian but I'll be down there bright and early like every good American!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sylvia,
    Received your email regarding problems with your other blog. However, in order to avoid confusion you need to cancel that other blog since it is no longer active.
    Ginny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess we know where you will spend the 4th of July! Hope you sell a bunch of books. I don't think I'd last outside very long in this high heat. Also, have a Happy Canada Day.

    Clara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your continued success at the farmers market. Everything seems to be working; I had no problem getting to your site.
    Ray

    ReplyDelete